So swamp football then, eh? It’s like regular football, only swampier. Much swampier, in fact. So swampy you can barely move, no less.
This year’s swamp football world cup – yes indeed, there’s a swamp football world cup – is being held in China, with Beijing playing host to 32 teams over several 25m x 15m swamps, kicking and scrapping and sloshing it out for the grand prize.
A few swamp football details for you, just to get your head around it:
- There’s no offside rule
- You can substitute as many people on and off as you like
- Only six people on the pitch at one time
- Your squad must be made up of 12 people
- Boots may not be changed during the game
- It’s a game of two halves (of course), each lasting 13 minutes each
by The Punjapit Alliance